Evidence suggests Australians need to eat more:
- vegetables and legumes/beans
- wholegrain cereals
- reduced fat milk, yoghurt, cheese
- fish, seafood, poultry, eggs, legumes/beans (including soy), and nuts and seeds.
- red meat (young females only) Ladies more red meat
Evidence suggests Australians need to eat less:
- starchy vegetables (i.e. there is a need to include a wider variety of different types and colours of vegetables) ie. Beans, Beets, Carrots, Corn, Green Peas, White potatos.
- refined cereals ie. Those supermarket bought cereals
- high and medium fat dairy foods
- red meats (adult males only) Men need to cut down on those steaks
- food and drinks high in saturated fat, added sugar, added salt, or alcohol (e.g. fried foods, most take-away foods from quick service restaurants, cakes and biscuits, chocolate and confectionery, sweetened drinks).